Add Grab Bars, a Seat, and other Universal Design Features to a Shower
Adding accessories to Bestbath shower walls requires no blocking at all
Bestbath has many options for customizing the shower/tub area, depending on how it will be used. A great first step is to add a vertical grab bar to mount an adjustable shower head to.
- Step 1: Measure from the edge and bottom for proper location.
- Step 2: Attach one end with one screw, then use a level to plumb the grab bar.
- Step 3: Secure the opposite end, and then use the remaining screws to attach.
- Step 4: Snap on the cover by twisting clockwise.
- Step 5: Install the valve package. The grab/glide design attaches directly to the grab bar.
Complete the installation with additional bars, and accessories, such as
- Horizontal grab bars help people get into and out of a bath tub or shower seat.
- A vertical entrance grab bar reduces the potential for slips and falls.
- Accessory shower head holders give easy access when standing or sitting.
- A soap dish keeps essentials within easy reach while sitting.
- Fold-down seats can be screwed into the shower surround because all Bestbath showers are backed with solid 3/4 inch plywood. No blocking is needed.
- Removable thresholds can make showers accessible for wheelchairs.
- Attendant curtains can be added for privacy and splash reduction when working with caregivers.
The result is a beautiful bath that can be enjoyed now—and for years to come.
—This video is provided by Bestbath, one of ProTradeCraft's advertisers. Bestbath is a leader of innovative walk-in showers and bathtubs for residential and commercial applications. With more than 400 shower configurations, Bestbath offers intelligent universal design for all. All shower and baths are manufactured in the United States are backed by a comprehensive 30-year limited warranty. View all of Bestbath's content.