January 16, 2017
Push to connect SharkBite fittings make the exterior water fixtures fast and clean to install: no solder, flame, primer, or glue needed
Installing a new hose bib, or a new frost-free sillcock? SharkBite offers a range of hose bibs, garden valves, and frost-free sillcocks.
To start your installation, begin by preparing your pipe.
- Cut the pipe as cleanly and squarely as possible ensuring the pipe is free pf scratches and debris.
- If you are handling copper pipe, remove any sharp edges or burrs.
- Use SharkBite depth and debur tool to measure and mark the insertion depth on your pipe. you can find the insertion depth chart on SharkBite.com
- For garden valves, connect your pipe to the valve by pushing the valve to the insertion mark you just made on the pipe.
- Attach the valve with a mounting bracket to a post or wall, and you're done.
For a hose bib or frost-free sillcock,
- Push a piece of PEX, copper, CPVC, or Pert pipe into the SharkBite fitting. The piece of pipe must be long enough to penetrate the foundation or wall as well as have excess length for your connection.
- Insert the pipe attached to the hose bib through the hole in the wall from the outside.
- Connect the pipe to the water supply line.
- Secure the faucet flange to the wall using two fasteners ensuring the outlet spout is pointed downward.
- Turn on the water and check the connection.
Using SharkBite is fast, efficient, and reliable.