Transfer Lateral Loads to the House with an Engineered Adjustable Bracket-Tie for Deck Joists
Prevent deck collapse with MiTek's ADTT-TZ, an Adjustable Deck Tension-Tie designed to effectively transfer the out-of-plane lateral loads of the deck to the house structure.
This innovative product exceeds the "Hold-Down Device" requirements per 2015 IRC, Section 507.2.4 and does not require blocking extensions.
ADTT | Adjustable Deck Tension Tie Features and Benefits:
- Exceeds 2015 IRC lateral attachment requirements
- Adjustable design accommodates multiple deck joists
- Installs with either 3/8” lag bolt or WS screw
- Transfers lateral loads from the deck to the house structure
- 2-hole break-out washer (BO-W) will work with either USP WS screws or 3/8" lag screws
- Adjustability minimizes the need for additional blocking
Adjustable Deck Tension Tie Kit
The ADTT-TZKT KIT has everything required to build or retrofit a deck to be code compliant. The kit includes:
- Four Deck Tension Ties
- Four 8-in WS Structural Screws
- Forty #9 x 1 3/8 in LumberLok Screws
Review the following instructions on properly installing ADTT-TZ on a deck:
- Step 1: Begin with knowledge of the location of interior wood framing members.
- Step 2: Bend open Adjustable Deck Tension Tie and remove break-out washer per included instructions.
- Step 3: Position vertical and front brace legs over a joist. Ensure legs are plumb position and engage joist up to or past max extension line. Secure with 10d galvanized nails or with Lumberlok screws LL915 which are included with ADTT-TZKT Kit.
- Step 4: Install supplied break-out washer and lag screw into the main structure wood framing. Do not overtighten.
- Step 5: There is no step five because the installation is complete.
There is another video about the ADTT on ProTradeCraft, here.