How to set a fence post with Sakrete's Fast-Setting Concrete mix. If using a dry-mix method with Fast-Setting Concrete, no premixing is required.
- Dig a hole using a post-hole digger to 1/3 the length of the post and insert the fence post.
- Have someone hold the fence post and ensure it is level.
- Pour the hole approximately 1/3 of the way full with water.
- Pour Sakrete Fast Setting Concrete into the hole, making sure the product is poured all the way around.
- Add water as needed. No bracing is required. Sakrete Fast Setting Concrete will set in approximately 30 minutes.
- Shovel and/or post-hole digger
- Someone to hold the post plumb (or a stick and some stakes).
- water container
- A stick to mix the mix (or the handle of your hammer, as seen in video)
- Level, laser, or other plumbing mechanism
- Stopwatch (optional)
Sakrete Fast-Setting Concrete Mix will set in approximately 30 minutes.
For a higher yield per bag material that requires fewer bags to haul, use Maximizer Concrete Mix. For complete product information, please refer to the product data sheet.
—This video is provided by Sakrete, one of ProTradeCraft's advertisers. A leader in concrete and concrete-related products for 80 years, Sakrete led the way for premixed bagged concrete and was the first company to provide concrete specified for strength, not proportion, which continues today. View all of Sakrete's content