Complicated shapes de-complexified
Rich Wagner, of Tapco tools, demonstrates how to bend a J-Channel for vinyl siding from standard aluminum coil stock.
Here's how to do it:
- Begin with a 3.25 inch piece of trim stock.
- Slide it in and square the outer edge with the face of the moving hinge.
- Bend it 135 degrees, and then hem it tight with the hinge.
- Slide the piece in, finish side down still, squaring the inner edge of the hem to the edge of the hinge.
- Bend up 90 degrees.
- Slide it out so that the bent edge is square with the outside of the hinge,
- Bend 90 degrees.
Rich bent this soffit miter in 35 seconds; can you beat him?
— This video is from Tapco Tools, serving professional siding applicators since 1961. Tapco brakes and accessories offer quick measuring, efficient slitting and sawing, enhanced job site mobility, and the ability to create value-adding decorative designs and strengthening ribs in fascia, window trims, frieze boards, porch posts and beams. See all of Tapco's content here.