Learn how to install a Bestbath low-profile (blue bottom) shower pan for optimum accessibility.
Bestbath demonstrates how to install a low-profile shower pan. Before beginning installation of the low-profile pan, be sure all required tools and materials are readily available.
- Measure the drain cut out. It must 8”x8”.
- Measure the shower pocket first for proper fit.
- Check to see if the floor is level. If it is not level, it must be corrected at this time.
- Check the back wall for plumb. If the back wall is not plumb, the pan can be shimmed forward to prevent any large gaps.
- The drain is now ready to be installed by a licensed plumber.
- Lower the pan into place and check fit, level and slope to drain.
- Mark the front edge of pan for proper placement.
- Wipe the floor and underside of pan and remove any dust or debris.
- Attach the mixing tube to the provided epoxy and apply epoxy to the floor every six inches on the floor.
- Set the pan in place. Don’t slide it.
- Epoxy will take approximately four hours to cure.
- Check for slope one last time.
- Predrill the screw holes.
- Screw flange into the studs.
- Place weight plates onto the pan.
- Place sandbags or buckets of water on the weight plates. Wait four hours for the epoxy to set before walking on the pan.
—This video is provided by Bestbath, one of ProTradeCraft's advertisers. Bestbath is a leader of innovative walk-in showers and bathtubs for residential and commercial applications. With more than 400 shower configurations, Bestbath offers intelligent universal design for all. All shower and baths are manufactured in the United States are backed by a comprehensive 30-year limited warranty. View all of Bestbath's content