VERSI-FOAM systems are factory tested to meet rigid performance standards. Proper function of the product is totally dependent upon strict adherence to the operating instructions included in this manual.
In all cases, kits should be operated in the upright position (with tank valves on top) and remain in the original cartons during operation. Failure to do so will result in loss of pressure.
Always wear protective gear:
- Chemical-resistant safety goggles, to protect your eyes
- NIOSH-approved respirator, to protect your lungs
- Chemical-resistant clothing, to reduce exposure to skin
- Nitrile gloves
Prepare for spraying:
The large VERSI-FOAM Systems come in two separate cartons.
One contains the blue A-Component tank, a gun attached to two 15-foot hoses, and a packet including 10 mixing nozzles, 3 fan tips, a pair of nitrile gloves, a wrench petroleum jelly, Operating Instructions, and Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
The other carton contains the white B-Component tank.
- Attach the hoses to the corresponding chemical tank and secure with the wrench provided.
- Confirm that the chemicals are in the ideal temperature range by reading the temperature strip on the “B” tank.
- Lubricate the O-ring on the dispensing gun with the petroleum jelly provided.
- Attach a mixing nozzle.
- Make sure you are wearing the proper safety gear – gloves (provided), safety goggles, and respirator.
- Open the tank valves and do a test shot to make sure chemicals are feeding properly from both tanks and producing good foam.
If you stop spraying for more than 30 seconds, you need to change your nozzle as the foam will solidify.
The patented U-CONTROL gun permits the user to meter the flow of material, dispensing only the amount of foam needed for the job at a convenient speed. Hold the gun like a pistol, pull the trigger all the way back, and then ease it forward until you find the position that gives you the best results.
For spray application, it is recommended that the gun be held 18 to 24 inches away from the surface to be foamed. If you wish to move closer to avoid splatter, adjust the pressure applied to the trigger.
Even coverage is obtained by moving the gun steadily back and forth and applying a constant trigger pressure. Attaching the fan tip (by screwing on to the threaded end of the mixing nozzle) will result in a wide, flat, fan pattern.
VERSI-FOAM closed cell foam expands up to six (6) times its original liquid volume when it cures (open cell foam expands up to twelve (12) times - important to remember
this when applying a spray pattern or filling a cavity.
When estimating the amount of foam for a specific project, remember that published yields are theoretical, based on
foam density and the weight of the chemicals packaged in the kits. Allow for variations in material requirements.
Many factors affect foam yield
- Chemical temperature and surface temperature cause variations.
- Surface irregularities
- Number of layers needed to achieve the desired thickness
- Free-rise vs. enclosed cavities
- It is recommended to estimate that 10 percent to 25 percent more foam will be required than exact measurements indicate.
—This video is from Versi-Foam Systems, one of ProTradeCraft's advertisers. RHH Foam Systems was founded in 1981 by Richard Heitzer, whose extensive experience in the cold storage construction industry recognized the need for a low-pressure disposable spray foam kit for on-the-job use. Their offices are in New Berlin, WI. View all Versi-Foam's content