The Schluter Shower System is reliable and dramatically reduces installation time, making shower installation easier than ever. One person can get a shower ready for tile in a fraction of the time it takes with traditional installation methods.
- Install Kerdi-Board over studs.
- Install Kerdi niche by cutting out Kerdi-Board and sliding niche into place. Fasten with stainless steel fasteners with washers.
- Install Kerdi membrane on wall over drywall after spreading thinset mastic, overlapping in the corners and seams.
- Finish waterproofing the wall with Kerdi patches for plumbing stub-outs and Kerdi strips around the niche.
- Patch all fasteners with Kerdi patches and thinset.
- Install a Kerdi-Board bench, set in mastic and waterproofed in place using pre-formed corner patches and 3-inch strips
- Install pre-formed Kerdi shower tray in a bed of mastic.
- Install the Kerdi drain in the shower tray.
- Install Kerdi curb at edges of shower pan, bedded in thinset mortar.
- Waterproof bench, tray, and curb connections.
The installation takes an experienced Kerdi installer under 2-1/2 hours for a shower with niche and bench built in, ready for tile.
Increase your productivity and use a system that is not only quick and simple to install, but one that is reliable and ensures a waterproof and vapor-tight shower assembly.