ProTradeCraft is a collection of best practices for trade contractors built for a phone. Launched in 2015 by Professional Remodeler magazine and SGC Horizon, ProTradeCraft users will find valuable tools and "how to" content for residential construction professionals through videos, animations, podcasts and mobile handbooks.
Our aim is to deliver useful and interesting construction know-how to all skill levels in formats that work well on phones, laptops, and widescreen TVs. The content ranges from rough framing carpentry to cabinetmaking/woodworking to the building science of high-performance construction.
In its first years of existence, Protradecraft has won numerous national and regional awards for editorial excellence. Listed below are the national awards.
- Silver ASBPE Award, Best Webinar
- Silver ASBPE Award, Best Video
- Finalist, Jesse Neal Award, Best Video
- Best Instructional Content Jesse Neal Awards
- Best Video Tutorial, ASBPE Award
2018: Best Instructional Content Jesse Neal Awards
- Best Technical Content (Jesse Neal Awards)
- Best Video Tutorial (Gold ASBPE Award)
- Best Podcast (Silver ASBPE Award)
- Finalist: Best Instructional Content, Best Use of Video, Jesse Neal Awards
Technical Advisory Team:
David Joyce (Deep energy builder/remodeler)
Chris Whalen (general contractor, remodeler, finish carpenter)
Jeff May (IAQ expert)