Field-testing a tool pick from the National Hardware Show
A few weeks ago, David Frane checked in with a National Hardware Show highlight, the EZ Pro Texture Gun for applying patches to textured drywall surfaces.
Today, Matt Jackson gives it an actual jobsite test drive on a drywall patch above a new entry door.
- The small bags are re-usable and must be mixed before use.
- Push the bag onto the barbed fitting of the EZ Pro gun.
- The amount of texture is controlled by how much you squeeze the bag when spraying.
- Because there is not a lot of splatter, not a lot of over spray protection is needed.
- Spray a couple test blasts to get a feel for how much pressure to put on the bag and get to spraying.
- Spray in a circular motion, back and forth to blend the new texture into the old wall.
Cleanup is simple: spray a cup of water through the gun and you are done.
—Matt Jackson is a master carpenter, remodeler, SketchUp Wiz, YouTuber, and contributing editor to ProTradeCraft. He lives and works in Rapid City, South Dakota.