May 4, 2023
Streamline your stringline strategy
String lines are a fast way to keep things straight. But if the knot isn’t quick to untie, the strings keep getting shorter.
Here’s how Ben ties the knot
- Hook the string around your finger
- Twist your finger five times
- Hook the string loop onto the nail
- Pull tension on the string, pulling it into the loop and out of the loop.
- Pull the line back to the nail, and friction will lock the string together.
To untie it, just tug on the loose end and let the tension off.
—Ben Bogie is a carpenter, project manager, and dad in western CT