DuhWalt's revolutionary new technology can help you get from D’oh to Done when you have boards that are too short on one end
Hi, I’m Matt Jackson and this is Next Level Carpentry
Today I’m totally stoked because the good folks at DuhWALT have granted exclusive rights to Next Level Carpentry and yours truly to release their latest revolutionary piece of shop equipment: the BS1000 Board Stretcher!
So, if you’re like me and occasionally end up with boards that are too short on one end, just stick around and I’ll show you how to fix ‘em!
THIS is the brand-new Board Stretcher by DuhWALT: their BS1000 and you’re seeing it exclusively here on the Next Level Carpentry Channel!
The BS1000 is compact enough to be portable from workshop to jobsite and robust enough to handle anything you throw at it… well, not ANYthing. At its core, the BS 1000 uses dendrochronological calibrating for cambium retroencambulation that infers elongated lignin into wood fibers.
The embigulation knob is used for adjustments to the machine allowing it to reestablish longitudinal verisimilitude for cellular extension with its helical octiron mechanism. Specially formulated Fuller brand Board-Stretching medium (show 5lb sack labeled 10lbs) is added to the on-board hopper and assimilated for retroition of de-lengthened boards.
Do keep in mind that phase inductance from wind and solar power sources provide optimum performance during operation.
I used to say ‘I can cut ‘em off but I can’t cut ‘em on’ but that’s no longer true. I’ll use this piece as an example of how to fix a de-lengthened board: (close up of board, cutting, etc) I needed to cut it 4’-2” but had a brain cramp and marked it a 42” long instead… and cut it 8” short.
That used to be an embarrassing, if not costly, mistake (toss board in scrap bin) but it’s easy to fix with a BS 1000 on your jobsite or in your shop.
Here’s how to salvage a board that’s too short on one end:
- Fill the hopper with Fuller Board Stretching powder. You get 10lbs of Fuller Board Stretcher in the 5lb sack. This stuff looks a lot like regular sawdust but don’t be fooled by cheap imitations… make sure you’re getting genuine Board Stretcher (point to B and S on the sack)
- Add powder to the hopper and you’re all set
- Adjust the embigulation knob to re-lengthen the piece you screwed up… I always err on the long side because now I can measure once and cut twice, right?
- Keep the machine running during the cellular extension phase after turning it on with the large paddle switch.
- At only 27db the BS1000 can be used safely without ear protection but, in case of a malfunction, you might want to wear boots because if any Board Stretcher overflows it tends to get deep very quickly.
- Feed the board into the stretcher. (use shot of hopper being emptied as segue for moving to outfeed side)
- Extract the board as it rolls out of the octiron mechanism using protective gloves for boards you’ve really screwed up because adding more than 12” can cause uncomfortable heat buildup in the piece.
That’s all there is to it! No more special trips back to the lumberyard for an extra board when you’ve messed up.
So next time you cut a board twice and it is STILL too short, just remember these simple steps:
- Fill the Hopper with Fuller Board Stretcher.
- Adjust the embigulation knob.
- Keep the machine running during the cellular extension phase.
- Extract the board and catch it as it comes out.
Unlike other resizing activities, you can’t even see stretch marks on the piece when it’s done.
Well, I hope you’ve learned enough about the DuhWALT BS1000 from this video to understand how this revolutionary new technology can help you get from D’oh to Done when you have boards that are too short on one end!
The BS1000 is available exclusively for viewers and subscribers of Next Level Carpentry beginning April 1st, 2018 from your favorite online source!
Be sure to use this offer code (show “IFL4IT” in a callout) when filling out the order screen to get free shipping, PLUS, for a limited time you’ll also receive a 5lb. sack with 10lbs. of Fuller Board-Stretcher in it.
Don’t pass up this exclusive offer from this channel because if you cut a board twice and it’s still too short you can fix it in a flash with DuhWALTS new BS1000!
Remember, you heard a lot of BS1000 information from me so stay tuned for more… and thanks for watching!