This traditional stone mason's house is a testament to his deep respect for the stone and its historical significance. It is built in the traditional dry stone and mortar technique, showcasing expert craftsmanship.
Traditional stone masonry highlights
- Danny's house is constructed using the dry stone and mortar technique, showcasing a high level of skill and respect for the historical significance of stone.
- The technique, handed down through generations, involves placing stones without the use of cement or mortar.
- The play of light and sun on the stones brings them to life, highlighting their natural beauty and blending harmoniously with the countryside.
- The house is a symbol of Danny's dedication to preserving the heritage of the village of Sevilla.
- The village is home to a couple whose resting place is marked by a meaningful tomb made of stones.